Summer is fast feeling like a distant memory and we are definitely in autumn mode. One of the best things about this time of year is comfort food, so today Georgia Gold and Mirjam Schmidlin tell us how to whip up these super easy sweet potato boats perfect for a cosy evening in. This dish is gluten free, vegetarian and free of refined sugar - bonus!
INGREDIENTS (serves 2)
- 1 large sweet potato, halved
- 6 slices hard goats cheese
- 1 bag of rocket
- 2 tbsp fresh pesto
- 2 tbsp thyme beetroot dip (see below)
- drizzle of olive oil
- salt and pepper
For the beetroot dip:
- 350g beetroot, cooked
- 100g soft goats cheese
- 150g almonds, roasted
- 3 tbsp thyme, remove leaves from sprig
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- a good pinch of salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200˚C.
2. Slice the sweet potato in half and place it on a pre-lined baking tray. Pop in the oven and cook for around 60 minutes until golden on top and cooked through.
3. In the meantime, make the beetroot dip. Combine all of the ingredients into a high speed blender and mix on high until smooth. Season to taste adding extra chilli, salt or pepper. Set aside.
4. Once the sweet potato halves are golden and buttery soft on the inside, place three slices of goats cheese on top. Put the tray back in the oven and bake for a further 15 minutes.
5. Finally, place one half onto a plate and dollop a good amount of pesto on top, followed by the beetroot dip. Generously sprinkle over some rocket and a drizzle of good quality olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and repeat with the remaining sweet potato.